The pirates are attempting to board your ship! It’s a terrible battle at sea, your own crew scrambling at the defensive. How will you overcome such a frightening enemy?
As the pirate ship begins to launch their grappling lines, you reach for your Boarding Axe. You’ve used this as a tool aboard the ship, but it now comes in handy as you sever a grappling line in twain. Screams of fright fill the air as the boarding pirates fall into the watery depths.
Epic Armoury’s Boarding Axe is a heavy 62 cm axe designed for sailors and swashbucklers. It has an axe-blade with a 15 cm blade, and along with its spike, it is great for both attacking your enemy and chopping down doors when attempting to commandeer a ship! The short hooked axe head is hand painted to look like real metal (although it is made of soft foam), and is attached to the handle designed to look like weathered wood.
Made from durable closed cell foam around a solid 10 mm fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, your new LARP axe will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your Defiant kit.
- The first hafted axe was created about 6,000 B.C. using birch-tar and raw-hide lashings to fix the blade to its handle
- Many battle axes doubled as tools and were cheaper to make than swords
- Boarding axes were designed to be heavy to cut through grappling lines, and were used during the 17th and 18th centuries
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.