The underdark is your domain. In the pitch blackness, the smell of damp earth all around, you wait with your raiding party. When night falls on the lands above, you will emerge.
The sun-lovers have come to fear you and the silence in which you strike. With your leather gear and Dark Elven Long Blade, you are able to maneuver in the shadows until your target is exactly where you want him. You are formidable. You are the assassin.
This bestselling Epic Armoury Dark Elven Long Blade is the longest sword available in Epic Armoury's Dark Elf series. It is 100 cm long with a 85 cm gently curved blade, coloured like bleached bone. The handguard is an imitation of the blade, covering the hilt from blade to claw-like pommel with a design reminiscent of a light sabre. The Dark Elven Long Blade has a 17 cm long, oval shaped handle wrapped in split-leather to give you maximal grip and control.
The blade has a dark, vicious feel that will fit almost any dark lord or lady, and it will make an excellent weapon whether your style is that of a dark elven corsair or a very vocal banshee. Made from durable closed cell foam around a solid fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your kit.
- Dark elves were first mentioned in Norse mythology as the “Dökkálfar” or “Svartálfar” written in the Prose Edda in the 13th century
- J.R.R. Tolkien mentions dark elves, the “Moriquendi” in The Silmarillion
- Have also been referred to as “Drow” in the Dungeons & Dragons universe, made famous by R.A. Salvatore’s The Dark Elf Trilogy.
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.