You have the Falcata in your well trained hand, so you not afraid of the oncoming Roman army. Should you fall, it will only be after you’ve taken many of their own warriors--your glorious weapon in hand. Better than any regular blade, it strikes with the force of a heavy axe through your enemy’s legionnaire armour.
Thanks to the perfectly shaped grip, you are able to dexterously swing your blade. The Legion feels your wrath.
Epic Armoury’s 85 cm Falcata is a single-edged latex medium sword inspired by weapons used by the ancient Iberian mercenaries. The 66 cm blade is shaped to act like both an axe head and thrusting sword, delivering powerful blows, while still stabbing and jabbing like the best of them. The Falcata is handmade and hand painted to look like real steel, wood, and gold embellishments--while being made from safe, soft foam. The 10 cm grip at the end of the Falcata is realistically molded and hooked around the hand, much like the traditional weapon..
The blade is made from durable closed cell foam around a solid 8 mm fibreglass core, built to keep you safe! It is finished with a strong latex coating. The grip is a polyurethane cast that requires no maintenance, meaning you’ll enjoy using this sword at your LARP game for many seasons!
- The term ‘falcata’ was actually coined in the 19th century to describe the blade shape of this ancient weapon
- Was used by the ancient Iberians
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.