The Fleur Mace is aptly named. With its petal-like flanges and golden spearhead, it does remind you of a flower. However, you also know this flower has thorns.
In battle, you have used this mace to destroy your enemies. You’ve torn into cavalry and infantry alike thanks to its dangerous--but beautiful--design.
Epic Armoury’s Fleur Mace is an 88 cm one-handed mace with a decorative design. It features a large head with five hooked flanges and a pointed “crown,” sculpted and hand painted to look like real metal. The head is actually made of soft foam, reinforced with a harder foam core. It attaches to the shaft, hand painted and sculpted to look like matching steel reinforced by brass cuffs. The 17 cm long grip has been wrapped in suede leather for an ergonomic fit in the hand.
Made from durable closed cell foam around a solid 10 mm fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, your new LARP mace will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your Sovereign kit.
- A traditional mace flange would have been designed to penetrate armour, but the hooked flange design would also make this great for grappling a knight from their horse
- Maces were first designed to cause harm without penetrating armour due to the force of their blows
- Commonly made of iron, but also occasionally copper and bronze
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.