A King deserves the attention of his subjects--his position and power demand such respect--but you also know he must look the part. You have hired the finest craftsmen in your land to create armour fitting a King’s status.
Your Neck Plate King armour is embellished with ridges and shined studs. A purple cloak drapes down from your sturdy, confident shoulders. Everything about you is built to last. No one shall look upon you with anything but admiration.
You, after all, are the King.
Epic Armoury’s Neck Plate King is a gorget designed to sit around the neck and give additional protection to the throat. An elongated front piece and shorter back piece are decorated with a shiny embossed design, and can be attached to shoulderguards using sturdy top-grain leather straps. Although the armour is designed to match Epic Armoury’s ‘King’ set, it is fully interchangeable with other Epic Armoury armours in order to fully customize your character’s look.
Secure the Neck Plate King by tightening the leather straps across the shoulders, adjusting so that the armour sits comfortably around the neck. Made of matte 1 mm thick mild steel and top-grain leather straps and fittings, this armour piece is built to withstand the abuse of a LARP or historical reenactment with regular leather and metal armour care.
Available in sizes Small and Medium/Large/X-Large.
- Also referred to as a gorget, which means throat
- Early medieval versions were typically worn under the breastplate and backplate to support the weight of the heavier plate armour
- Later versions were larger and designed to be worn over clothing
- Made from 1mm thick mild steel
- Rolled edges with no sharp edges
- Straps and fittings made from top-grain leather
- Adjustable ductile steel flanks for closer body-fit
- Hand made, welded pieces for maximal durability