OFFENCE IS THE BEST DEFENCE
Never mind using your shield for guarding yourself – be practically offensive and use it to bash in your opponent’s grey matter instead! The Epic Armoury Orc Buckler is a small latex LARP shield worn around the wearer’s arm, inspired by the brutal and cataclysmal ways of orcs and other terrifying creatures. Use it to shield yourself against blows or simply use it as a mean to swiftly clear your way from any annoying goblinesque obstacles. The rough buckler is elongated with rounded corners; rugged and worn with dents and scratches, it sports a collection of golden riveted detailing on front. Featuring two sturdy bands with adjustable buckles to strap your arm securely against the underside, feel confident that this hard EVA foam and latex shield will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular maintenance.
The buckler goes well with Epic Armoury’s Ruinous range of products, for instance the Orc Cleaver. However, its naturalistic design can be used by a wide range of characters such as trolls, ogre barbarians, or necromancers. With its unique detailing and natural look, you can make this Orc Buckler a trust-worthy central piece when crafting your character’s kit.
- Earliest references to orcs are found in Old English and Anglo-Saxon sources, such as in Beowulf and in 16th century Italian folktales
- The word itself stems from the Latin word Orcus, which was the name given to the Roman deity of the dead
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s 20th century The Lord of the Rings series describes orcs as brutish, aggressive beings with a taste for human flesh
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Pattern design is laser-cut for precision and detail
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Adjustable straps for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated products need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.Store your latex shield in a cool, dry environment. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your shield from adhering to other products.