It’s a new day, the air crisp and the sun bright on the horizon. It was a long night of battle and you feel the exhaustion deep within your bones--but the sun and the hope that it brings does wonders to refuel your soul.
Clutching your bloodied RFB Errant sword, you retreat from the now quiet field back to your army’s camp. You will regroup and rest and fight once more, but for now you take solace in living one more day.
This Ready For Battle Errant is an effective fantasy sword of medium size. It is 75 cm long with a short ricasso near the crossguard meant to protect the fingers from being sliced during certain historical sword maneuvers. The blade is superbly balanced with a 15th century English-inspired pommel and an ergonomic handle below a curved crossguard. The handle is sculpted and handpainted to appear like wrapped leather, but does not require leather care.
Ready For Battle weapons are moderately styled and cost-effective weapons that are perfect for new and young players. This RFB Errant is one of our hybrid models, featuring a handle cast in polyurethane foam that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating.
- Also referred to as a “Knightly sword” or “arming sword”
- Designed so that the center of mass was closer to the hilt, improving its maneuverability
- Typically used with a shield or buckler
- Pommel design is English inspired, popular in the early 15th century
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.